What's new

New (ish) to RT Surface

AngiePA

My Surface keeps giving me a message when I try to open sites/pages which require flash-player...the message says Adobe Flash 9 or higher is require to launch the Plan Manager. Please download the latest version and install it on your computer then return to relaunch. When I go to do this I get taken to a page which tells me that I don't need to install as it is already on and proceeds to tell me how to enable it. I've enabled it, disabled the ActiveX Filtering and performed updates, I've also restarted my tablet to register the updates but I still can't get any further...has anyone else experienced this or similar??? I'M COMPLETELY STUCK!!!

oion

Like the correction at the top of that article states, Win RT 8-plus in IE supports Flash by default so the listed hack is completely out of date.

You must make sure your Surface RT is completely patched with the latest Windows updates.

Dudeguyy

Like the correction at the top of that article states, Win RT 8-plus in IE supports Flash by default so the listed hack is completely out of date.

You must make sure your Surface RT is completely patched with the latest Windows updates.
Bump. Having the same problem as this guy.

Flash was working great until an update last Wednesday. Checking the update log, it looks like they patched IE 11 and Flash pretty heavily (KB2938527 & KB2925418, for reference). After that update, Flash isn't operational on major sites. No ESPN, no MLB.com streaming of game audio, couldn't stream audio of a college team thru their website (Huskers) that I was literally listening to before starting update.

YouTube works, but gives me message to update Flash or it won't work.

Same problem as him when clicking update Flash link too-- tells me it is integrated into IE already. It is indeed enabled and ActiveX filtering off.

Any ideas? What a pain in the ...!