What's new

New LGC battery problem?

rubaxter

Surface Pro 3 plagued by yet another battery problem

Mine currently sits at 41,754 from a design capacity of 42,157. This is a replacement refurbished unit and has the LGC battery.

It has also been plugged in for a while at has stayed at 99% and 'not charging'.

Anyone had actual issues with the battery?

I've got one with about 41K+ left from an original of 42K charge to full, but now that MS has FIXED things, I show less than 4 hours of remaining use on a 100% charge, even with Battery Saver on.

My Surface Pro 2 and Surface 2 are better than this 'Pro' piece of junk. I've already swapped the SurfaceBook for a MacBook Pro after the last year of what can only be described as complete screw ups by MS causing continual embarrassment for me when I tried to use that not-ready-for-prime-time disaster.

Good thing MS is allegedly moving from consumer goods, 'cause they're not gonna get my money after their demonstrated inability to fix the SurfaceBook or fix only the broken SurfacePro 3s.

Last edited:

Wiidesire

I've got one with about 41K+ left from an original of 42K charge to full, but now that MS has FIXED things, I show less than 4 hours of remaining use on a 100% charge, even with Battery Saver on.
Can confirm. Got a new replacement Surface Pro 3 in August 2016 with 40 mWh of 42 mWh left. After the Simplo "Fix", the LGC battery is getting 4 hours of battery life with 50% brightness which is simply horrible.

yonghong

Same here , fuk firmware screwed my Simplo battery worse than before, right now it only has 86%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

garryknight

Lots of us are having problems since the firmware update. Microsoft are aware of this but haven't said if a fix is in the works. Various news sites have picked up on the situation and reported it. Here's a thread in Microsoft Answers which will give you some idea of the scale of the problem.

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfpro3-surfhardware/surface-pro-3-with-lgc-lgc-battery-degradation/13d03fbe-1edd-489f-bd0a-2c07ff615128?page=1&msgId=4aa5d71e-61d6-49de-ae7f-412b5f17cd02