What's new

New Marvel AVASTAR driver...

OP
J

johnwalk

The 15 is my Internet speed. I have no interference (other AP's) in that channel. The 15 is perfect speed as I am on a 12 Mbps connection. My point was that a change in router increased my speed to "normal" levels and the old Linksys e3000 would not go above 3Mbps.

Cheers

machistmo

My coworker and I just found that there is an update to the marvel driver when done from Device Manager. It installed fine.
I cannot test speeds yet from the office, but it is confirmed that he can now tether his Galaxy Nexus and couldn't before.
Not sure why Windows Update didn't advise about the driver.
New version is:

I will speed test it tonight.

Do you have a link to the driver?

souldier

Anyone experiencing any problems with the new driver? When I'm home, I have no problem with the wifi, but I've recently been having problems with tethering to my phone and a public wifi network. When I connect it works fine, but after a few minutes I lose the connection and the only way it comes back is if I disconnect and reconnect

J515OP

Super Moderator
Anyone experiencing any problems with the new driver? When I'm home, I have no problem with the wifi, but I've recently been having problems with tethering to my phone and a public wifi network. When I connect it works fine, but after a few minutes I lose the connection and the only way it comes back is if I disconnect and reconnect

Have you checked the mobile data settings? Charms>Settings>PC Settings>Devices>Download over metered connections?

souldier

I was tethering perfectly fine before so I don't think its my phones settings.

I just rolled back to the old driver and am now connected with zero drops after using the wifi for a considerable amount of time.