What's new

New Member! Brought a couple questions with me

joemader

Hey guys I'm new to the site, posting from my Surface w black touch cover (while in class, shhh!)

I love my surface, but I have a couple problems/confusions:

1) Occasionally my volume bar appears on screen when I am fairly sure I'm not pressing the volume buttons on the side nor the volume buttons on the touch cover...any ideas or similar experiences?

2) I bought a microHDMI to HDMI cable off of amazon. It was only 3 bucks but had great reviews. However, when viewing my surface on my 42" LG HDTV it doesn't look as great as it does on my screen. I went through all of my TV's aspect ratios, any suggestions? I just want to stream hulu or show photos but the resolution looks crumby.

Thanks for your help!

-joemader

J515OP

Super Moderator
Hi welcome.

Not sure about #1. Try a search because I think that may have been asked here before.

On #2 you need to use dual screen mode and not mirror mode. If you mirror the tablet screen you will only get the tablet resolution on the output.

JP

OP
J

joemader

Thank you so much for your help on #2...that helped a lot...just a little difficult get things to show up on the second screen...the only way I got it to work was using the track pad on the touch cover to grab apps and "throw" them onto the second screen...the touch screen is of no use.

Mr.NK

Super Moderator
Just activate Second screen only (by Settings charm or WIN+P). Keep in mind, that in this state you'll have to use your touchpad, as the touchscreen is completely useless.