What's new

New Member SP4

andycarless

Hi

Had my Surface Pro 4 for couple of weeks now, moving from a MacBook Air, so far really pleased. Windows 10 is much better than Vista I was used to. I use a desktop Mac all day long, Graphic Design, so am used to both platforms.

Do like the SP4 though, dual use as a proper PC/Tablet is very good. Have had one niggling WiFi problem which I will post elsewhere, sure it can be fixed.

Cheers Andy

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad to hear you're enjoying it :) Most of the issues the SP4 is suffering in general are nothing to do with the SP4 but just windows 10. So what is broken now will probably be fixed later.

the only thing i'd advise you to be aware of is that when you put the surface to sleep, be it clicking sleep, power button, or closing the type cover, it probably won't sleep and you'll find a lot of battery life gone. Best bet for now is to just shut it down between use. Hopefully intel and MS sort out the drivers before too long.

OP
A

andycarless

Glad to hear you're enjoying it :) Most of the issues the SP4 is suffering in general are nothing to do with the SP4 but just windows 10. So what is broken now will probably be fixed later.

the only thing i'd advise you to be aware of is that when you put the surface to sleep, be it clicking sleep, power button, or closing the type cover, it probably won't sleep and you'll find a lot of battery life gone. Best bet for now is to just shut it down between use. Hopefully intel and MS sort out the drivers before too long.

Hi Hughlle

It's not a showstopper and I think your right it's probably Windows 10. I haven't noticed the battery drain yet being too bad. This is a WiFi issue, whereby when I awaken the SP4 from sleep (at home) it finds and connects to WiFi ok, but then reports no Internet Access available, which isn't really true as other devices are seeing the connection fine. I searched and found that disable/enable WiFi adaptor can correct it. Did this and it came back straight away, but then plays up when slept again. It didn't do this at first, so I'm thinking it's maybe a corrupt file or update that might have broken it. I use a Virgin Superhub (Netgear).

Thanks for help.