What's new

New Owner. A Mistake?

OP
Q

qwst

25. Sleeping the computer turns it off? Upon 'waking' .... it doesn't. No key on the type cover will wake it up. I have to push the power button which is not waking it but turning it on from a power off.

What's going on? Did I get a dud computer? Should I go into the MS store?

OP
Q

qwst

26. Upon turning it on, I get a white flash screen, sometimes the home screen--- then straight to the "Surface" font with the loading logo before the home screen again.

Is this normal?

Last edited:
OP
Q

qwst

Also what are the quick commands for using Chrome like:

-new tab
-close window

Thanks. Sorry for all the posts.... I'm getting a little frustrated.

spinachpie

Yeah go and exchange it and see what happens. Sounds like some weird issues. The chrome commands can be found with google search.

OP
Q

qwst

Ok found the quick controls. Strange that the command is the CTRL button, it's so far away. Guess I'll get used to it. As far as returning it. I"ll give it another week to see if things settle down.

On the pen one or more things on it refuse to work 100%. Sometimes the pen works but the eraser won't. Sometimes the onenote launch button works sometimes it doesn't. I've tried changing out the batteries, unpairing/repairing and still now the pen doesn't work.

Since I purchased this pen on ebay I'm attempting to return it to the seller. The item was stated as 'new' so not sure why all the problems. And I doubt the MS store would replace it since I didn't buy it through them?

Note: I have a SP3 but purchased sp4 pen and sp4 typecover with fingerprint ID.

bluegrass

To prove if it's the pen, go to the Microsoft store or a friend that has a Surface and use the pen on another Surface in the same manner that you're having problems with.

jrioux

Ok found the quick controls. Strange that the command is the CTRL button, it's so far away. Guess I'll get used to it. As far as returning it. I"ll give it another week to see if things settle down.

On the pen one or more things on it refuse to work 100%. Sometimes the pen works but the eraser won't. Sometimes the onenote launch button works sometimes it doesn't. I've tried changing out the batteries, unpairing/repairing and still now the pen doesn't work.

Since I purchased this pen on ebay I'm attempting to return it to the seller. The item was stated as 'new' so not sure why all the problems. And I doubt the MS store would replace it since I didn't buy it through them?

Note: I have a SP3 but purchased sp4 pen and sp4 typecover with fingerprint ID.
Since the SP3 comes standard with a pen, why did you buy a second pen? Do both pens have similar problems?

OP
Q

qwst

To prove if it's the pen, go to the Microsoft store or a friend that has a Surface and use the pen on another Surface in the same manner that you're having problems with.

It was the pen. Went in the MS store and swapped out for a new-to-me pen. Everything works so far.

OP
Q

qwst

Since the SP3 comes standard with a pen, why did you buy a second pen? Do both pens have similar problems?

My unit was a 'new' warranty unit. Doesn't come with anything but the surface so I purchased the updated pen and type cover.