What's new

New pen on SP4

Just bought the new one last week. So far, very good, though I miss the clip. Can't do a side by side comparison because I lost the old one. Subjectively, I think it's a better pen (except for missing clip). Seems a but lighter in weight. Do not notice any difference in the magnet. No issues with skipping (which did happen with the old pen).

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
It is good to hear that no there is no skipping.
But you need a clip-on clip!

Screenshot (7).png

OP
S

starstreak

Anybody know of a good review of the new pen used on the SP4? Side by side comparison of the new pen vs old, etc.

OP
S

starstreak

Well I got my own answer. :) I tried the new pen on my surface. Works and felt the same as original. It felt more like a mechanical pencil so felt "thin" but maybe it's me. I forgot to test corner accuracy. AND tilt still not supported on the SP4.

Derekamoss

is it the same dimension as the older pen? if I bought a new pen could I just unscrew the top of my old pen and put it on the new one? the top part is just Bluetooth right so it should still work

OP
S

starstreak

Sorry, didn't see your post till just now. I don't know. I think since it's hardware in the top, you wouldn't just be able to switch that and still get the new functions. I no longer have the pen. The people at the MS store thought all I needed to do was just update my firmware, which, of course wasn't the case.