What's new

New Pro 3 Owner From Pro 2 and Best Buy Hooked Me Up!

nightrider76

Ok so I sold my Pro 2 128GB on Ebay so i could upgrade to a Pro 3. So far i am loving the bigger screen since that was my main gripe with the pro 2. So I ordered my new pro 3 online for pick up at my local BB. Went for the I5 256gb unit. Got it home, setting it up, i went to system to see the stats and low and behold it said core I7 8gb ram. So someone at BB messed up and gave me a I7 for the cost of an I5, and what made it sweeter is i was able to hunt down a $150 edu coupon too. Part of me feels bad someone messed up there but part of me is like well not my fault. Already spent 2 hours setting it up before i discovered it. What would you do?

kundas1

what I would do is buy another one and sell it for profit! I'm sure ALL of the i7 is priced mistakenly... but thats just me

raqball

When I bought mine it was going to be an open box for $100 off. After they rang me up I stepped off to the side to make sure everything was in there. The pen was missing from the box. I guess Best Buy's QC missed that before they decided to sell it.

No worries they bring me up a new one as they only had the one open box. The kicker was they charge me the same price. So I got my i5 128 for $899.

At 1st the girl in customer service said they would have to charge me full price for it but when she did the exchange she said I got it for the same price as the open box. Maybe it was a glitch in their system or something but I was not complaining and the girl at customer service didn't appear to care..

kristalsoldier

Ok so I sold my Pro 2 128GB on Ebay so i could upgrade to a Pro 3. So far i am loving the bigger screen since that was my main gripe with the pro 2. So I ordered my new pro 3 online for pick up at my local BB. Went for the I5 256gb unit. Got it home, setting it up, i went to system to see the stats and low and behold it said core I7 8gb ram. So someone at BB messed up and gave me a I7 for the cost of an I5, and what made it sweeter is i was able to hunt down a $150 edu coupon too. Part of me feels bad someone messed up there but part of me is like well not my fault. Already spent 2 hours setting it up before i discovered it. What would you do?

Personally, I would go back and return it (if I wanted the i7, I'd pay the difference otherwise, I would settle for the i5). I just would not be able to rest easy. But then that's just me and people would, no doubt, call me an idealist and an idiot, but I don't mind.

olimjj

As Saint Bernard of Clairvaux said "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"

olimjj

Personally, I would go back and return it (if I wanted the i7, I'd pay the difference otherwise, I would settle for the i5). I just would not be able to rest easy. But then that's just me and people would, no doubt, call me an idealist and an idiot, but I don't mind.

As Clare Boothe Luce wrote " No good deed goes unpunished"

Gatorswamp

Got nearly the same deal, $150 off my i3 with 10% off the type cover and Microsoft complete! On top of that there was no tax and I got a free sleeve plus a lawn chair of all things lol.

revmike

Personally I would have returned it or paid the difference . When faced with situations like this, you set the price of what you are willing to sell your integrity for.