What's new

New Pro 3 Owner From Pro 2 and Best Buy Hooked Me Up!

kundas1

pffft, obviously you've never had to deal with BB price match guarantee and then be told they will not match/honor it, or returning a device that was clearly broke or manufacturing defect and be told they can't help you, or how many other little deceitful tactics that they pull... please I'm sure the OP conscious is clean and worry free. lol

raqball

pffft, obviously you've never had to deal with BB price match guarantee and then be told they will not match/honor it, or returning a device that was clearly broke or manufacturing defect and be told they can't help you, or how many other little deceitful tactics that they pull... please I'm sure the OP conscious is clean and worry free. lol

I agree. It's not like the OP went out of his/her way, was dishonest, lied or ran a scam to get the deal.

Best Buy made an error in the OP's favor. Good for him/her!

malberttoo

Personally I would have returned it or paid the difference . When faced with situations like this, you set the price of what you are willing to sell your integrity for.

Kind of a stretch to say the OP has sold his integrity. It's not like he was dishonest in his dealings with the clerk or engineered the situation in any way. A mistake was made, in his favor. Happens in businesses every single day.

kristalsoldier

Kind of a stretch to say the OP has sold his integrity. It's not like he was dishonest in his dealings with the clerk or engineered the situation in any way. A mistake was made, in his favor. Happens in businesses every single day.

True...but at the risk of converting this thread into a discussion of ethics (which I don't think the OP intended to do), I would say that while it does happen in business every single day, it is how one reacts to such situations that distinguishes one person from another. Some, obviously, tend to think that there is no problem and can carry on, which is fine. Others (and I count myself in this group) don't think it is OK and would try to rectify the situation proactively. Deluded? Misguided? Idealistic? Idiotic? Perhaps. But there it is.

grumpy

cc.PNG

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
If it were an independent store, I'd go straight back, but at the end of the day, this is best buy, the same guys who tried to rip off customers with their in store intranet shenanigans. The moment a company is found to try and take advantage of a consumer, everything becomes fair game.

mitchellvii

Here's the thing. Your time is worth money. Due to their error all of the time you spent setting up your rig would be lost plus your time back and forth to the store, plus the general hassle, plus the fact you would have a "return mark" against you on an expensive item which could result in a 90- day return ban.

Bottom line, you would experience a financial loss if you return the item which you received due to their error. Is it ethical that you should lose time and money for their mistake? In this light, I believe there is nothing unethical about you keeping the unit they gave you. It's not like you went to buy a Jetta and they accidentally gave you a Porsche Cayman.

As a matter of fact, returning the i7 unit would probably cost BestBuy more in overhead than the incremental cost to them of giving you the wrong unit. Just keep it and make a point of doing something nice for someone this week.

Last edited: