What's new

New pro X incoming.

kojack

I just read that MS is releasing an updated Pro X with X64 emulation layer included. This is awesome news and I am glad I waited. Hopfully, They will keep the replaceable SSD slot. A quick question what size is the SSD I would want to buy a larger capacity one and install it.

Migi

The x64 emulation will only be good if it's performant. Also it's not a guarantee that all x64 apps will run.

OP
kojack

kojack

It's better than what is offered now. From what I have been reading, it should, and I quote "SHOULD" run all x64 software in emulation. But agreed, how well is still up in the air.

OP
kojack

kojack

Well we know it's now coming in a platinum color, with a new SQ2 chip. I like the lighter color for some reason. I am getting one of these to replace my 5th gen Ipad ASAP. Apple is getting really stale with me lately. Just need something more than icons as an OS. I love using my Dell 2 in 1, but it's too heavy as a tablet. It's great for other things, but not sitting down and drinking my coffee in the mornings.

I bought this new model and it is a delight to use. I am very impressed with it. I am not a “power user” by any means at all. I needed it for my work at uni and online classes l teach. The screen is beautiful and big enough to get work done. A great investment.

OP
kojack

kojack

Yes, I am using mine as an iPad replacement. I am moving everything I own away from the fruit. I want everything I can have, to be from Microsoft. I am going to get the Pro X, a book 3 for on the go work. I am a creator so I need a decent video/photo editing experience, and I am going to have the duo as my phone. While in our vehicles, we have bluetooth connection and when I am out walking etc, I will have the surface buds in for answering calls etc. I love these surface devices. I would get the studio 2 as well but they have no video input option so I cannot connect my dual xeon workstation to it.