What's new

New product announcement on the 30th?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
And the Band played on...

Not just a health band though. seems like it does everything and more of the health bands plus GPS and most all of what some smartwatches do except it doesn't tell time so its technically not a smartwatch :). Email notifications, basic texting with predefined messages, calendar synchronization to phone and Cortana with Win Phone 8.1 i guess that wouldn't work with Android or iOS :)

RémiM

Not just a health band though. seems like it does everything and more of the health bands plus GPS and most all of what some smartwatches do except it doesn't tell time so its technically not a smartwatch :). Email notifications, basic texting with predefined messages, calendar synchronization to phone and Cortana with Win Phone 8.1 i guess that wouldn't work with Android or iOS :)

Apparently it: "works with the phone you own." --> http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently it: "works with the phone you own." --> http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us
I was referring specifically to Cortana

Cortana at your service.
If you're using Windows Phone 8.1, ask Cortana to take notes or set reminders with your voice. She'll give you driving directions and keep you on top of traffic, sports, stocks, weather, and more. She is ready to help whenever you need it.

The rest works with the other phones...

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member

{Channeling the Christmas M&Ms) They DO tell time :)

2014-10-3014-39-34-620x417.jpg

But its not a watch. :cool:

goodintentions

I've been waiting for MS to come out with their smartwatch so I can see what to get. To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed.

Galaxy gear it is.