What's new

New SP3 trying to connect to MS ac

ozstar

Hi,

I have just got my SP3 and trying to connect to my account. I do have an account and it works on other boxes.

I get to the wifi and choose the home network that works on everything else, and it then says we can't connect to network.

All I see is.. get online....

I do have a Mac filter on the router but can't see where I get my MAC address from.

This is why I thought for ages about getting one..MS is so bent on controlling everything.

Please help .. I'm not a happy Chappy at the moment..

Oz

malberttoo

Hi,

I have just got my SP3 and trying to connect to my account. I do have an account and it works on other boxes.

I get to the wifi and choose the home network that works on everything else, and it then says we can't connect to network.

All I see is.. get online....

I do have a Mac filter on the router but can't see where I get my MAC address from.

This is why I thought for ages about getting one..MS is so bent on controlling everything.

Please help .. I'm not a happy Chappy at the moment..

Oz

The MAC filtering is probably the culprit. And you made that issue, not Microsoft. :D

On your device, go to search and type in command, you want "command prompt". When it opens it will be a black box.

Type in (no quotes) "ipconfig /all", and look for your WiFi connection listed. You want "physical address", that's your MAC address.

Let us know how it goes.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Router probably shows the MAC address under rejected connections. check your fire ... wall log. :)