What's new

New SP3 User

konnexion

Hi - purchased a new SP3, i7, 8GB, 512Gb through the Adobe Cloud deal. This is my second Surface, also have the original RT. Also use a Nokia 1520 as a second phone so interested to see how Windows 10 integrates these two devices.

First Sp3 was returned this week due to a noticeable bend in the chassis, replacement arrived yesterday and I immediately installed Windows 10 January preview. Apart from an initial graphics driver issue it's running well. Maybe a bit too hot for my liking and the fan comes on more than I like as well during normal mundane tasks. Haven't pushed it yet. I'm putting the heat an noise down to the fac it's a new install, possibly indexing, almost certainly not yet optimised as an OS.

Ian

Maybe a bit too hot for my liking and the fan comes on more than I like as well during normal mundane tasks. Haven't pushed it yet. I'm putting the heat an noise down to the fac it's a new install, possibly indexing, almost certainly not yet optimised as an OS.
Ian

My i5 8GB model took a few days to finish all the update compressing (Windows Installer Module), indexing, OneDrive syncing (had to sync about 50GB of data, the index service was indexing the new files which really hit the CPU). Unfortunately to save power these are optimized to run more when you are using your computer, when they can take advantage of a non-sleeping CPU.

Give it a few days, and GET THE NEW GRAPHICS DRIVER! It came out 1/29/2015.