What's new

New SP4 Firmware update 11/2 aslo for the Surface Book too.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got it.... we will see what happens.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 update history | Surface firmware updates

November 2015 updates
The following update will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 11/2/2015” when you view your update history.

Note
When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.
  • HD Graphics 520 driver update (v20.19.15.4308) addresses some display issues, including some scenarios that result in screen flickering.
  • Display audio driver update (v8.20.0.659) supports compatibility with the updated graphics driver.
  • Surface Embedded Controller Firmware update (v103.855.257.0) improves system stability.
  • Surface Pen Settings driver update (v10.0.302.0) adds support for future functionality on Windows 10.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
HD Graphics Driver also applies to m3 515.
My m3 HD Graphics 515 driver version is now. 20.19.15.4308

It's been installed for 15 minutes and hasn't crashed ... yet ;)

Philtastic

Had to do an exchange to replace my "old" Surface Pro 4 due to the keyboard port failing. Installed all updates first thing on this new one, including this firmware update, and I haven't noticed any colour changes in Edge yet even with ads and videos playing. Hope this fixes the battery drain issues in sleep too!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Working great on my Surface Book.

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (10).png

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dang, Touchscreen and Pen just stopped working again. That one is still with us for now.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
IDK, I could be imagining things or manifesting wishful thinking but it seems battery life may be improved. Anyone notice this and not subject to my power of suggestion. ;)

EMINENT

Confirmed hue is no longer changing in Edge with video, played several YouTube vids and all is well.

I knew it wouldn't be long for this to get resolved.

Too bad those first week adopters that couldn't wait a week.

polbit

Confirmed hue is no longer changing in Edge with video, played several YouTube vids and all is well.

I knew it wouldn't be long for this to get resolved.

Too bad those first week adopters that couldn't wait a week.

Guilty as charged, but I went back and picked up another SP4 at Best Buy to give it one more chance. Even before the update, the 2nd SP4 was MUCH better - silent, barely warm, and did not crash once...

After the upgrade, I can also confirm Edge color changes are gone, and there has to be something to the battery - I use battery bar pro, and it's the first time it projected 8+ hours, even though my usage hasn't changed...

Philtastic

Sleep battery usage also seems resolved (or it was my faulty unit acting up). I put it to sleep before I left work and, 1 hour later, it only used ~1% (probably less - 87% went to 86%). The scientist in me is a little upset that this major update came on the same day that I had to do a replacement so I'll never be able to definitively say what truly fixed my issues.

OP
G

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Issues confirmed still happening with this update installed:
  • Display driver crashing,
  • Audio popping,
  • Touchscreen and Pen and sometimes the Trackpad stop working until reboot.

TTown

I just installed the update, and the screen tint changes have stopped. I love this computer, and the fix makes it that much sweeter.