What's new

Solved New SPRO4 I5 4GB RAM a bit slow

xl3ruise

Hii everyone,

One week ago I bought a new SPRO 4 I5 4GB RAM for school.
But when i'm only opening my browser Windows edge, the taskmanager say 70% of RAM is in use, is this possible?
After closing windows edge is runs back to 35 á 40%.
For a device that cost 1000,- euro I think this is not normal?

I' turn off some startup programs but that make no sense. Anyone can help me or is this normal?

Kind regards,

xl3ruise

(I'm Dutch so my English is not very well :p)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum xl3ruise

Your title states the SP4 is slow, but all you've stated is that it is using lots of RAM. Does it actually effect the performance of the machine? As far as I'm aware, windows intentionally makes use of spare RAM because it makes sense.

I have the same SP4 as you, and my RAM usage with nothing running is 50%, and when I open Edge it goes up to 65%. However, I am on the windows insider program, so it is probably not wise to use my experience as a comparison.

And your English is fine :) A lot better than my Dutch!

OP
X

xl3ruise

Welcome to the forum xl3ruise

Your title states the SP4 is slow, but all you've stated is that it is using lots of RAM. Does it actually effect the performance of the machine? As far as I'm aware, windows intentionally makes use of spare RAM because it makes sense.

I have the same SP4 as you, and my RAM usage with nothing running is 50%, and when I open Edge it goes up to 65%. However, I am on the windows insider program, so it is probably not wise to use my experience as a comparison.

And your English is fine :) A lot better than my Dutch!
Hii,

After the makersupdate of today my surface run much better!

clouds5

High ram usage is pretty normal with only 4gb total. Mine has 4gb too but it never affected performance with the apps I use (even games) You can check under details in task manager how much ram is used by individual apps. For me edge uses about 400mb more or less.