What's new

new Surface 2

beman39

ok, so I got my new Surface 2 today as I waited a bit for the QC to get better as I saw a few peeps having QC problems with the S2 (volume rocker, paint chips, battery) so I decided I couldn't wait any longer and figured everything should be sorted out by now, so my question is, how do I save everything from my S/RT and transfer it to my S2? can someone outline the steps please? thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
When you run through the setup wizard it will ask you which machine you want to sync settings and preference from and select your RT and you're done, assuming all of your personal data is on your SkyDrive or Micro-SD card.

OP
beman39

beman39

Yea everything set perfectly, thanks jnj! man this puppy is fast! way faster than the S/RT and I just checked my WiFi speeds and it's reporting faster than the S/RT so all is awesome!

OP
beman39

beman39

btw everything is perfect with this device, volume rocker is nice N tight, paint looks great and I am in the process of charging the battery so I will report tomorrow how long the charge lasted...

OP
beman39

beman39

So far so good, I let the S2 go down to 4% then charged it up, after which once the battery was charged to 100% I streamed 2 or 3 episodes of my TV show and then went to bed, and this morning I woke up and it was still at 72% and did some updates this morning and surf the internet and played a couple of games and I am down to 45% as of now writing this post... so I think that isn't bad?

CrippsCorner

That's not too bad. I'm still yet to see one of these in the flesh. Hope you enjoy it :) and do post any updates you have for us.

OP
beman39

beman39

Thanks kayzee, will do... it is a lot different from the RT that I had before.

Differences from S2 to RT is that it is faster and I can feel the heat (when gaming) from the upper right corner of the device where the tegra4 chip is and I'm not used to that because the RT never got that hot! lol the speakers are definitely better than the RT, and the S2 is lighter and it's funny I notice it. As for the 1080 screen I find it hard to notice if it is better than the RT as the screen even though it wasn't 1080p was very crisp anyways and a pleasure to read/watch movies on it so I find it hard to see any difference... or I'm blind lol but those are the differences I see off the back

kristalsoldier

The S2 is an amazing device, isn't it - not that the RT was too shabby either. But somehow, I have a soft corner for the S2, must be the silver colour...:)

oion

The S2 is an amazing device, isn't it - not that the RT was too shabby either. But somehow, I have a soft corner for the S2, must be the silver colour...:)

Maybe it's the silver (and that color Type colors were made available :p). Fortunately, RT owners who didn't game much or care for HD video got a performance boost with 8.1.

OP
beman39

beman39

also forgot to mention I am getting AWESOME speeds for my wifi! most I ever got was 49.9 now I'm getting 62 average!

URL=http://imageshack.com/i/f12i6rp]
2i6r.png
[/URL]