What's new

New Surface Ad

BillJ

Finally, an ad that actually informs the public of the productive features of the SP. Now we just need to see an ad that explains the difference between SP and RT...

Arizona Willie

About darn time someone fired their old advertising company. It was like they were trying their very best to kill the Surface. I was almost sure the ads were being done by Apple.

kristalsoldier

Now THAT is much better. Also, even though there is a disclaimer that says "Screens are simulated", I was intrigued to see what looks like splashtops of Modern UI versions of Word, Excel and Powerpoint - in addition to OneNote, that is! Now, that would be cool, if MS could actually pull that off!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Not that I like the dancing ads but I can see a strategy to generating buzz and hipness before showing the guts of the product off. We have to remember these are still early days for the Surface since it has been in the market place less than a year and most devices people are familiar with have been out for several generations. Get some attention and get the name out there and then show off what it can do.

Will this work for the average person? I don't know but it is a heck of a lot better than the path they took with the Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld commercials. They could have done a better job balancing both buzz and features off the bat though. Too bad their best commercials were youtube only.

Nuspieds

Definitely an improvement.

But they still need to go further than that by demonstrating that the Pro can run not just Office, but your existing Windows library of apps and outright replace your desktop/laptop.

ncameron

Now THAT is much better. Also, even though there is a disclaimer that says "Screens are simulated", I was intrigued to see what looks like splashtops of Modern UI versions of Word, Excel and Powerpoint - in addition to OneNote, that is! Now, that would be cool, if MS could actually pull that off!

But they are real Office 365 screens surely...?

DOS

But they are real Office 365 screens surely...?

The first scene when they open Word and you see the small Word Splash Screen on the Desktop is how Office 365 works. Those "Full Screen" Splash screens for Office are NOT the way it displays... At least not the way it displays on the Surface Pro.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Another new ad…shots directly across Apple’s Bow
[video=youtube;86JMcy5OqZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86JMcy5OqZA&feature=player_embedded[/video]
J