What's new

New Surface Device Tomorrow? Looks like 6:00 AM Annoucement

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Will it be the Surface 4 Only or will there be a surprise???? Microsoft Surface on Twitter

DhrOGhNWsAERSQI.jpg:large

It will be interesting to see what happens. I gave Acer my money. Picked up the Acer Switch 3 on sale with keyboard and pen included.

Still loyal to Microsoft by rocking my Surface 2 in 2018 and well into 2019. This is my travel device when I do teacher training in other parts of Spain. It is nice, light, and still makes awesome PowerPoints. Thank you Microsoft.

I know that the device that I have is not for everyone. It suits my needs just fine.

Cheers,

Shawn

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very interesting. I've not really used my surfaces in over a year, but every time I pick up the S3 I remember why I still have it. Looking forward to seeing what they have to offer. Hopefully something with a stupendous battery life :)

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very interesting. I've not really used my surfaces in over a year, but every time I pick up the S3 I remember why I still have it. Looking forward to seeing what they have to offer. Hopefully something with a stupendous battery life :)
Afraid were stuck in the less than stupendous battery life world of Intel with that requirement for 100% legacy software compatibility. This will play well with a lot of schools for now because many will be able to kick the can down the road whilst sticking to budgetary limits but it's a short term strategy.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Afraid were stuck in the less than stupendous battery life world of Intel with that requirement for 100% legacy software compatibility. This will play well with a lot of schools for now because many will be able to kick the can down the road whilst sticking to budgetary limits but it's a short term strategy.

Even though the surface pro seems to get very good battery life despite the hardware inside it? As it stands I can get between 7-8 hours of video playback on my S3, but more would be better (I'm a millenial, can't be without my screens, so occasionally take it out shooting with me and watch films while I wait for quarry :) ).

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even though the surface pro seems to get very good battery life despite the hardware inside it? As it stands I can get between 7-8 hours of video playback on my S3, but more would be better (I'm a millenial, can't be without my screens, so occasionally take it out shooting with me and watch films while I wait for quarry :) ).
See other thread... AnandTech reported the standard 9 hour video playback statement from MS. :)

I can so see this in schools and for university students. Now, let's see if this lasts as long as the Surface 3, or if it will disappear soon thereafter.

On a side note, I am starting to see more Surfaces in Spain. I am in Leon at the moment and one of the hotel guests has a Surface Book. I was quite pleased and surprised.

Shawn