What's new

New Surface Pro (2017) Official Thread

Here you go
Capture.PNG

I use mine with the Surface Pro 3 dock not the newer one. It does not drain unless you are gaming since the SP3 dock charger is only 50 watts. When gaming, the SP consumes a bit more than that.

New Surface Pro LTE review and issues
3 weeks later I thought I would report on the pros and Cons
this is the i5, 256 gb , 8 gigs of ram and the Qualcomm 885 Always on LTE modem
Pros:
  1. Very Fast Load :).. 3 seconds to my chrome browser, ( much faster than my i7 7100 with 16 gigs of ram.)
  2. LTE works well! I am live all the time.
  3. Like the form factor ...12.5 in screen .. improvement over my Surface 3 LTE.
  4. Love my Maroon Colour scheme ..Keyboard and Mouse
  5. Battery life is good gets me through a full 8-10 hour day on lte
  6. Fast battery recharge
Cons:
  1. Speakers SUCK big time.. I think the quietest of (17) tablets I have owned.
  2. Bluetooth does not connect speaker and microphone to Microsoft Sync in my Ford and Ford Sync 3 ( all other Apple and Samsung tablets do connect)
  3. Proprietary charging cable ..grrrr Not buying a second charger for the car yet
  4. GPS Mapping Issues: cannot seem to get Google Maps to show location, nor Microsofts Terrible Map Pro. But the basic windows 10 Maps do show my location.. So maybe I need to tweak some configurations, but all other lte G3 Apple or Samsung tablets have had issues showing my Location while driving.
As a Road Warrior, the poor Speakers, lack of Bluetooth connection to cars speakers and microphone, and the non-function of google maps are critical issues.
Until these problems are solved it is back to the Samsung note 12.2. :(

Last edited:
GPS Mapping Issues:
cannot seem to get Google Maps to show location,
nor Microsofts Terrible Map Pro.
But the basic windows 10 Maps do show my location..

So maybe I need to tweak some configurations, but all other lte G3 Apple or Samsung tablets have had issues showing my Location while driving.

Has anyone else got google maps to show your live time location when driving??

Speakers SUCK big time.. I think the quietest of (17) tablets I have owned.

What Bluetooth speaker microphone systems are compatible with the Surface Pro LTE

I need wireless speakers minimun.. currently trying the Bose mini speakers.. just wish it had the microphone built-in and was a smaller form factor.. will use in my 2017 Ford Edge

ender

Hi
What is the content of the Sp 2017 29/06/2018 update included in the following link?

(Direct link to software removed by Moderator. See picture.)

Attachments

• spCapture.JPG
    spCapture.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 638

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@ender,

It is best to allow your computer to update. The content of the update has specific context for your hardware, firmware, and software.