What's new

New surface pro owner with questions

dream3

Hello there!

Ive jus bought a surface pro for painting and sketching mainly and I have some questions.

Hope you guys can enlighten me :)

1- When I slide the stylus lightly over the screen, while in photoshop or paint, it doesnt recognize the pen. I have to put a little pressure so the line actually appears. Is that normal behavior? Can I make it that the simplest touch from the stylus is recognized by the surface?

2- Having a screen protector like incipio would affect the pressure/precision of the stylus?

3- Lines in photoshop are not smooth. They seems pixelated a bit. Im using the surface with default resplution and the photoshop document had 300 dpi. Any ideas why? Thanks!

Afy

I think there was a Photoshop release to improve pen support. Maybe you need that.
Paint seems to work fine, though you do need to seem to need touch the screen.

I cant talk about protectors, since I think they're not necessary. YMMW!

OP
D

dream3

Thanks guys, Ive installed the driver.

Now one other thing about screen protectors:

Ive hard the zagg one is bad and I dont like to wet sp too. I wanted the incipio plex one but they say ag the wesite its only for surface rt. Is that right? I cant use them on my surface pro?

Do you recommend any other sp like incipios?

tonyz3

Hey be careful with the Wacom driver. Myself and a few others started seeing screen issues after installing them ...flickering etc....and eventually have to roll it back. there is also a few threads which talk about calibration techniques. this may help you as well. But if you start to see the screen issues report back. on yeah....WELCOME aboard.

OP
D

dream3

Th but really i have no other option, i bought the surface now that i knew id be able to get pressure sensitivity.

but really can anyone recommend me a screen protector? for the surface pro?

TeknoBlast

Th but really i have no other option, i bought the surface now that i knew id be able to get pressure sensitivity.

but really can anyone recommend me a screen protector? for the surface pro?

I have Ghost Amor screen protector and it works very well with the stylus. Also it doesn't take away from the beauty of the bright screen either. Plus, even though you still have to wipe the screen, you don't get the constant finger smudges when the protector is on.