What's new

New Surface Pro Wacom Pen Drivers Adds Extra Settings!

mitchellvii

Those of you who have downloaded and installed the latest Wacom Pen Drivers that give our pen pressure sensitivity may not realize that the driver also adds other goodies that you can adjust in "Pen Tablet Properties" in your Control Panel.

You can set things like:

• Eraser Feel
  • Tip Feel (this is nice in OneNote as the pen strokes seem better anti-aliased with soft tip)
  • What The Button Does
  • Customizable Pop-up Menus
  • Hover Click (this allows you to hover over the screen and right click to get a menu - this is under Advanced Settings)
  • Click Sound (would be better if this only clicked when touching a link but it clicks if you touch the screen at all - kinda weird)
  • and more...
Anyway, you can get the drivers here:

Wacom Feel Driver | Wacom Americas

Check it out.

Last edited:

ximoosea

Thanks for the link. Which tablet model do you select? I did not see Surface Pro, so I chose "Tablet PC" and then "Windows 8". The drivers installed without a problem but the pen would not work at all, thus I assume I chose the wrong model?

By the way a simple uninstall of the drivers had my back and going again, but it would be nice to have the new controls. Also, I am hopeful that the accuracy of these is better. Even with the 100 point calibration, it seems the pen responds differently sometimes.

ximoosea

But there are many "tablet models" to choose from when downloading the drivers. Did you select the "Tablet PC"? I chose that one and it installed without a problem but did not work, thus I thought that maybe I chose the wrong one.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

But there are many "tablet models" to choose from when downloading the drivers. Did you select the "Tablet PC"? I chose that one and it installed without a problem but did not work, thus I thought that maybe I chose the wrong one.

The link I provided only gives one download option.

ximoosea

The link I provided only gives one download option.

You are right, my sincere apologies. I could swear that the first time I clicked the link, it took me to the generic Wacom page asking me which language I wanted, and not this specific page. Perhaps it is because I was in China when I clicked it? Anyway, now it is working perfectly. Thanks for the response, and again sorry to be a pain.

ncameron

I've found another unexpected side-benefit of this update: finally the pen will invoke an auto-hidden Taskbar at the bottom of the screen. . . .

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

You are right, my sincere apologies. I could swear that the first time I clicked the link, it took me to the generic Wacom page asking me which language I wanted, and not this specific page. Perhaps it is because I was in China when I clicked it? Anyway, now it is working perfectly. Thanks for the response, and again sorry to be a pain.

No worries. I guess the link had a bad case of China Syndrome. Ba-dump-pa! I'll be here all week folks, tip your waiters and enjoy the buffet...

Gobbler Man

Uninstall Current Driver

The Read Me for the download of the new driver says that you should uninstall the current driver. Has anybody had to do this first? I would like to, but cant determine which driver it is that I need to uninstall.