What's new

New Surface - Updates failed to install

rcwilkinson

Hello

I've just got my sew SP4 (256 - i5)

I checked for new updates and all them to download and (attempt) to install. However, it appears like the most important ones have NOT installed. Any ideas of how to install these?

The original error was
0x80248007

When I now click 'check for updates', it says everythig is uptodate...but my update history lists the following failed updates:

Realtek Semiconductor Corp. driver update for Realtek High Definition Audio(SST)

Microsoft driver update for Surface Management Engine

Microsoft driver update for Surface System Aggregator Firmware

Picture attached

With many thanks for your help

Ross

Attachments

• Updates.PNG
    Updates.PNG
    56.4 KB · Views: 620
You can install it manually. I would do a system restore backup first as always...

Here’s how:

1. Go to the Update history page.
  2. Find the most recent update KB for the version of Windows 10 you have – it’s usually at the top of the list – and either write the KB number down or copy it.
  3. Go to the Microsoft Update site and search for the KB number.
  4. Select the link for the download, and then choose Download. Select Save if you are prompted.
  5. When the download completes, select Open to start the update.

OP
R

rcwilkinson

Updates.PNG
You can install it manually. I would do a system restore backup first as always...

Here’s how:

1. Go to the Update history page.
  2. Find the most recent update KB for the version of Windows 10 you have – it’s usually at the top of the list – and either write the KB number down or copy it.
  3. Go to the Microsoft Update site and search for the KB number.
  4. Select the link for the download, and then choose Download. Select Save if you are prompted.
  5. When the download completes, select Open to start the update.

Thanks very much for the prompt reply. I cannot see a KB number next to the updates that failed to installed - if you see in the attached picture the updates underlined in red dont have a KB number. Is there anyway to install these manually?

With many thanks

Ross

Aldec

Open Device Manager, right click on failed update items, there you can check Properties, and if necessary update drivers.