What's new

new surfacebook firmware 1/27/16

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Microsoft Surface Book update history | Surface firmware updates

January 2016 updates
The following update will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 1/27/2016” when you view your update history.

Note
When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.

• Surface Embedded Controller Firmware (v88.899.256.0) adds battery charging enhancements and thermal tuning.
  • Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.9037.59) improves access point compatibility and throughput on 5Ghz networks.
  • Surface DTX driver update (v1.3.202.0) improves detection of the Surface keyboard to the clipboard.
In addition to the updates list above, the following additional update is available for Surface Book devices that have the optional NVIDIA GeForce GPU discrete graphics chip:

• NVIDIA GeForce GPU update (v10.18.13.5914) improves stability.

flar

How do you get the optional update for the dGPU? It wasn't updated when I did the regular Windows Update check, but the others were. I didn't see any option to check for optional updates in the Windows Update CP...?

ctballos

I didn't see the GPU update listed in Updates when I downloaded them but when I checked the driver properties it was listed with the new driver version as stated above. I'm still waiting for a fix to turn off Airplane Mode toggle when it's not on.... I know it's meaningless but it bugs me, no pun intended.

Casey Moore

How do you get the optional update for the dGPU? It wasn't updated when I did the regular Windows Update check, but the others were. I didn't see any option to check for optional updates in the Windows Update CP...?
I never saw the dGPU option show up within the Windows Updates. I ended up going into the device manager, right clicked on the Display Adapter and selected the "update driver" option.

BigZAJ

Did this firmware update do anything for the dock? Mine has gotten more flakey with the new 1.27 Firmware...

**ONGOING**
Dual Mini-DP still does not work

**NEW**
Mini-DP to VGA connection no longer recognized if SB removed from dock and reattached without power cycling dock
USB peripheral can cause monitors to drop out until power cycling dock