What's new

New to the Forums

uh60james

Good to be here, seems to a fairly active forum with some knowledgeable people. I work in IT support for a medium sized local government agency and enjoy most things tech.

Had a Surface RT for about a week and loved it but took it back to Best Buy and I will be waiting on a Surface Pro. I am confident that it can replace my existing home PC's 90% or greater of the time and will become invaluable at work with the use of full Remote Desktop and the ability to sync up all of my One Note files which I use quite often.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum. The Pro seems like an excellent choice and so is the RT depending on needs. I think many of us are finding in use that the RT is capable of 90% of our PC use but if there is just one critical application that you need to install directly (one work around is to remote into a Win8 machine) then Pro is the only option.

R0bR

will become invaluable at work with the use of full Remote Desktop and the ability to sync up all of my One Note files which I use quite often.

Welcome to the forums! The Surface Pro will be a great device and great choice. I hope your requirements are more than full RDP and One Note sync because Surface RT can do that already.

OP
uh60james

uh60james

Welcome to the forums! The Surface Pro will be a great device and great choice. I hope your requirements are more than full RDP and One Note sync because Surface RT can do that already.

Thanks, The RDP and One Note are the big things for me however I also have some x86 requirements as well. The RT actually sold me on the Pro. Surface RT is definitely a lot more powerful than other tablets out there, however it will be worth it for me to upgrade to the Pro.