What's new

New Type/Touch Cover Shortcuts and fixs. WOOHOO!

OP
T

TheConstruct

I saw a few about Outlook, but not one about these specific shortcuts.
While I understand why so many are wanting Outlook, I am content with the default mail app.
But Shortcuts, oh how I do love me some shortcuts. (It drives me nuts when people CAD-Enter to lock their computer.)
But that's me.

AH! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! (*)

guitar1969

I saw a few about Outlook, but not one about these specific shortcuts.
While I understand why so many are wanting Outlook, I am content with the default mail app.
But Shortcuts, oh how I do love me some shortcuts. (It drives me nuts when people CAD-Enter to lock their computer.)
But that's me.

AH! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! (*)

I agree. this article covers more info that wasn't even announced on other sites. I am horrible with shortcuts though so I should spend some time learning them.

OP
T

TheConstruct

I agree. this article covers more info that wasn't even announced on other sites. I am horrible with shortcuts though so I should spend some time learning them.

I imaging it will take me quite a while to remember them all.

mitchellvii

I need some shortcut shortcuts.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

Ruffles

Do all the new shortcuts apply to both keyboards? I had a type cover and it started to come apart so I sent it off to MS. In the meantime, Best Buy had a blue touch cover open box for half price so I grabbed it. It seems like the brightness short cuts don't work on it. The keys all work individually though.

Ruffles

Nevermind. I found the problem. It seems that if you do the updates with the type cover on, you only get the type cover update. Even though I did all the updates on the 11th, I checked again and it said the system update was available a second time. The update happened very quickly without any reboots and now the touch cover has all the shortcuts.

mitchellvii

Just used Fn + Caps for first time to toggle Function Buttons. Thanks, super helpful as I never use the Charm Buttons. Did someone mention that they will be adding click sounds to the mouse and Fn buttons? That would be nice too. I can never tell if I have hit them properly without a click. Can't figure out why they left that out initially.

OP
T

TheConstruct

It is my understanding that these shortcuts are part of the 8.1 update.

spectre51

It is my understanding that these shortcuts are part of the 8.1 update.

Taken from the linked article above:

"But with an update that will come in about a week for Surface, we’ll have the ability to toggle between what the keys on the top row do, get some quick access to other capabilities like screenshots through shortcuts, and just make some things like paging easier to do with one hand. "

The update is out and the shortcuts work great.

OP
T

TheConstruct

Taken from the linked article above:

"But with an update that will come in about a week for Surface, we’ll have the ability to toggle between what the keys on the top row do, get some quick access to other capabilities like screenshots through shortcuts, and just make some things like paging easier to do with one hand. "

The update is out and the shortcuts work great.

I missed that. HURP!