What's new

New Up dates today 12\11

dallasfreak

Trent, do you know if the flash update was for maybe flash 8 or 9 .....some websites says I need this to run the video thanks Dallasfreak

realwarder

If you look in the Installed Updates, each update links to a KB article which includes some more detail. I had an odd thing happen today after installing the updates though which was a game went and corrupted the graphics display after running it for a while. Never seen that before, but may be a coincidence.

OP
TrentonT

TrentonT

Was hoping there might be a fix for the Muting issue but allas no. It still lifes on on my Surface.
Have been trying to watch but it is most common when I use the Track Pad to wake the surface.

OP
TrentonT

TrentonT

Here is the complete list of update in Micro speak

It's Microsoft Patch Tuesday: December 2012
Security Patches
MS12-077/KB2761465 - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (Microsoft Windows, Internet
Explorer). This critical update for IE 9 and 10 resolves three privately reported vulnerabilities in Internet
Explorer. There is no severity rating for IE 6, 7 and 8. It affects all versions of Windows except the Server Core
installation of Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012.The most severe vulnerabilities could allow remote
code execution if a user views a specially crafted webpage using Internet Explorer. Actual impact ranges from
moderate for Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012 to critical for Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
and Windows RT. There is no severity rating for systems running Windows XP.
MS12-078/KB2783534 - Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Remote Code
Execution (Windows XP SP3, Server 2003 SP2, Vista SP2, Server 2008 SP2, Windows 7/Windows 7 SP1,
Server 2008 R2/Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 8, Windows RT, Server 2012. Includes Server Core
installations). This update is rated critical for all versions of Windows except Server Core installations, where
it is rated important. It addresses one publicly reported and one privately reported vulnerability, both of which
have to do with font parsing (OpenType and TrueType) and the way kernel-mode drivers handle objects in
memory. The vulnerabilities can allow remote code execution in all versions of Windows except Server Core
installations, where they can allow elevation of privilege.
Other Updates/Releases
KB2607607 - Language Packs for Windows RT. This language pack adds support for 10 languages to
Windows RT. It’s installed in the same way as the one described above for Windows 8.
KB2771431 - Update for Windows RT. This update resolves issues in Windows RT. It may require that you
restart your computer.
KB2774195 - Update for Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Server 2012. This update resolves issues
in the latest versions of Windows. It may require that you restart your computer.
KB2779444 - Update for Microsoft Camera Codec Pack for Windows 8 and Windows RT. This update
enables the viewing of a variety of device-specific file formats and will allow supported RAW camera files to
be viewable in applications in Windows 8 and Windows RT. It may require that you restart your computer.
KB2779562 - Update for Windows This update resolves issues caused by revised daylight saving time and
time zone laws in several countries and enables your computer to automatically adjust the computer clock on
the correct date in 2012. It may require that you restart your computer.
KB2779768 - Update for Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Server 2012. This is another update to
resolve issues in Windows. It may require that you restart your computer.
KB2780541 - Update for Windows 8, Windows RT, and Windows Server 2012. This is another update to
resolve issues in Windows. It may require that you restart your computer.
KB931125 - Update for Root Certificates for Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows Server 2012, Windows
7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, and Windows XP. This is an update to the list of root certificates
on your computer to conform to the list that is accepted by Microsoft as part of the Microsoft Root Certificate
Program. After you install this update, you may have to restart your computer. Note that once you have installed
this item, it cannot be removed.

NickMilner

Mine is much snappier. Minesweeper seemed to have twice the framerate it had before. BTW, whoever designed the new Minesweeper deserves the Nobel Prize for Awesomeness!

mcitpmike

Seems to be really noticeably snappier to me as well. It was already pretty quick for me but this is a big difference. Tuesdays are becoming my favorite days!