What's new

new updates today

beman39

Wow I had 29 updates and 1 of them was a major firmware update and I was hoping it was the 8.1 update but I don't think that was it lol oh well, I wonder what all the updates were? I'm always up to Date and then I had 29 at once! Don't get it...

I got 29 updates too. It said it was up to date and had checked yesterday, I told it to check anyway and it came up with 29. Can't tell much difference, though. I thought the 8.1 update was coming sometime after the 15th.

I've been running 8.1 RTM on my RT for a few weeks, the first time that I checked for updates today, the only update was a small Defender update. After that, there were some updates for 8.1. (Defender, flash player, and Security update for IE 11). A reboot was required. That was all.

Sounds like those 29 updates were probably the last wave for 8.0 RT before the 8.1 update.

Pepper

You guys know what Patch Tuesday is, right?

300+ updates for me to examine and test before approving for deployment to my network.

hotphil

You guys know what Patch Tuesday is, right?

300+ updates for me to examine and test before approving for deployment to my network.
CTRL+A right-click "Approve for install" Done. No messing, take the rest of the morning off :)

OP
beman39

beman39

If you go into the Updates screen, there's an option to View Details (or something similar) and it'll list all the updates that are applicable.

Ahh thanks forgot about that! But even tho when I check to see what the update is like "system update" it doesn't tell me anything! lol

erazor55

I received a refurb 64gb rt a couple of weeks ago and was wondering if I need to fire it up and perform all 8.0 updates before going to 8.1 next week, or waiting to go straight to 8.1.

Any advice?

Arizona Willie

I got the firmware update a couple of days ago and today there were 19 for my Surface Pro.
Seems like they send out updates in a shotgun manner. Some here, some there, some today, more tomorrow, some get all at once and others get a few today and then more later on.
Curiouser and curiouser.

demandarin

I received a refurb 64gb rt a couple of weeks ago and was wondering if I need to fire it up and perform all 8.0 updates before going to 8.1 next week, or waiting to go straight to 8.1.

Any advice?

Yes. I'd make sure I have all previous installs prior to 8.1 installed. Alot of the more recent updates is to prep for 8.1.