What's new

New user

brice

Hi there,

New Surface Pro 3 (i5 128GB) user here from France.
My main use for it will be graphic design and drawing apps.
This is my dream come true device, I've been wanting Microsoft or Apple to come up with something like that for years.
The "Courrier" was a nice concept, I'm glad they went with the Surface in the end.
I didn't get the first 2 generations but that was only because I couldn't afford one at the time.

I'm a tech enthusiast, always excited about what comes next.

I'm also the owner of a now aging Lumia 920,
this on the other hand has been a much harder journey, switching to Windows Phone from an iPhone 4, the App gap is still very much present.
Here's hoping that the "One Microsoft" vision will get the devs to jump ship and provide decent apps not just poorly designed ones just to fill the gap.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
It looks like revO emaG

Apple with sell another 250 million phones and 50 million iPads by the time MS introduces their next effort.

It's all too reminiscent of...
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

kundas1

Hi there,

New Surface Pro 3 (i5 128GB) user here from France.
My main use for it will be graphic design and drawing apps.
This is my dream come true device, I've been wanting Microsoft or Apple to come up with something like that for years.
The "Courrier" was a nice concept, I'm glad they went with the Surface in the end.
I didn't get the first 2 generations but that was only because I couldn't afford one at the time.

I'm a tech enthusiast, always excited about what comes next.

I'm also the owner of a now aging Lumia 920,
this on the other hand has been a much harder journey, switching to Windows Phone from an iPhone 4, the App gap is still very much present.
Here's hoping that the "One Microsoft" vision will get the devs to jump ship and provide decent apps not just poorly designed ones just to fill the gap.

welcome aboard! I also had the Lumia 920 for a short while and it is a great phone, upgraded to the Lumia 1520 and never been happier.. and yes there is an app gap, BUT try not to forget that there once was an app gap for IOS phone too once in its infancy... the same applies to WP since it's still in it's infancy... the app store is growing but a little too slow and MS needs to entice devs to start porting/making WP apps/games.. but I'm sure it will grow none the less!

It looks like revO emaG

Apple with sell another 250 million phones and 50 million iPads by the time MS introduces their next effort.

It's all too reminiscent of...
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

nice Pink Floyd quote! ;)

Andres

Greetings fellow surface owners!

I joined because I really enjoy this tablet, and because I wanted to share with people the fact that enabling Hyper-V will open up additional power settings if needed.

Basically my Microsoft wireless display adapter was stuttering and unusable when connected, until i changed the surface pro 3's power setting to "high performance" by enabling Hyper-V. You can then disable Hyper-V and restart, but do not adjust the power settings or else it will go back to balanced. Now there is no stutter. I have all recent windows updates installed.

For those who understand what I am referring to, please feel free to chime in to clarify for other users. Opening and using the additional power settings that are hidden for most users, may in fact solve alot of issues that users might have. I am no expert, but it appears to have solved mine.

I have an i5 btw with an Iron Man vinyl decal for the back (very nice ) and a Red Type Cover.

I am typing this quickly at work lol, but I hope to "talk" to some of you in the near future :)