What's new

New Wacom Feel Driver

Deckyon

Same here. The pen is an enjoyable experience now that I know the nib will hit what I put it on, not be a couple millimeters off.

Malakai

What! I updated to this newer one and found that calibrating the stylus with just the four points to be great in the middle of the surface, anywhere else and it was way out. I tried holding the pen as I normally do when sketching then tried just keeping it upright. It was all over the place. Reinstalled the previous version and its back to being perfect. V strange!

jrhillma

Yes, has an eraser.

One last question before I hit "Buy"...does it have better accuracy than the stock stylus? That millimeter or so offset around the edges is annoying. OK, two questions...does it come with it's own drivers like the Feel does, or does it just use the standard Windows drivers?

Thanks for the "in the field" info!

sdreamer

Wow that's definitely a huge improvement in calibration. Radial menu is a really nice addition, been wanting something like that for years. Edges are still pretty off though. Makes using the bottom line in the TIP still a little challenging to use.

OP
K

kozak79

One last question before I hit "Buy"...does it have better accuracy than the stock stylus? That millimeter or so offset around the edges is annoying. OK, two questions...does it come with it's own drivers like the Feel does, or does it just use the standard Windows drivers?

Thanks for the "in the field" info!

The pens are passive, so no special drivers, works with windows or wacom feel drivers. Accuracy should be the same with every pen, accuracy comes from the digitizer in the screen and the drivers.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The pens are passive, so no special drivers, works with windows or wacom feel drivers. Accuracy should be the same with every pen, accuracy comes from the digitizer in the screen and the drivers.

Actually the Pen isn't passive, it has electrical components in the barrel right behind the nib, those components close the circuit with the Active Digitizer. There is evidence that some of the Feel Stick Stylus (like the one the ships with the ASUS AVN8 and the Galaxy Note line) are more accurate in the corners due to the components being closer the nib...

TPadden

Im wondering the same thing. I will be very happy if any1 can answer and compare the pros and cons of each one.

My very detailed and extensive research and experience can definitively say there are pros and cons; that said comparisons for most responders seems to range from kind of better all the way to much better ........ put me in the much better area of the curve. Then again I considered the MS stock driver to be so far at the other end of the curve that I seldom picked the pen up :D.

Last edited:

sdreamer

I'm actually getting good accuracy on the edges now, but it is like 4x worse than anything else at the corners. It goes nuts at the corners. Actually it goes wonk around 1cm away from the bottom edge and corners.

Last edited:

GoodBytes

OK I tried it... and not great.
It's nice that you only have 4 points and gets way better results than Windows 16 point calibration, but the end results are:
-> I still needed to make the offset trick required to do when using any calibration method using Windows calibration tool
-> I can't reach ~10px from the right.
-> Corner precision is better than any calibration method available
-> side area of the screen still have an offset from the center

Personally, I had much better results with my 80 point calibration in Surface Tweak Tool. But of course it doesn't work, currently, with Wacom drivers, something that I need to work on.