What's new

New xbox One what cool stuff can we do?

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
We acquired (my husband bought) a brand new xbox One yesterday. We've had a 360 for many years and used it for light gaming (I love Kinect) and also mainly as a media centre so he thought the upgrade would be cool and save us having to have a separate blu-ray player.

I believe the xbox One is more integrated with the general microsoft cloud, is there any cool stuff I can do with my Surface, or other win 8 PC and the xbox?? I have smartglass on my phone (both apps now as we kept the 360 for the time being as the games are not playable on the One unfortunately (grrrrrr).

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
We acquired (my husband bought) a brand new xbox One yesterday. We've had a 360 for many years and used it for light gaming (I love Kinect) and also mainly as a media centre so he thought the upgrade would be cool and save us having to have a separate blu-ray player.

I believe the xbox One is more integrated with the general microsoft cloud, is there any cool stuff I can do with my Surface, or other win 8 PC and the xbox?? I have smartglass on my phone (both apps now as we kept the 360 for the time being as the games are not playable on the One unfortunately (grrrrrr).
There is a Smartglass App for the Xbox One that is separate from the 360. I typically use DNLA to "Play To" from my SP3 to the Xbox One. I have a Plex Media Server and use the Xbox One App for playback.

kundas1

I would watch some video from SEAN ONG on YouTube outlining what can be done with the XBox 1 and how to control the XBox 1 using voice control and streaming stuff wireless from the SP3!

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
OOh I've seen some of Sean's SP3 videos. I'll take a look at the xbox ones.

I have both apps for 360 and One on my phone. From our initial look last night we didn't find much that wasn't already on the 360... but I'm sure there is much else to discover there.