What's new

Newbie question?

MDQBox

Hello, I am a recent Surface Pro owner, so I apologize if this is a newbie issue.

I would like to know if and how to sync the calendar on outlook.com with MS Office 2010 Outlook program on my Surface Pro? Is the syncing bi-directional? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Wayne Orwig

Yes, the Oulook Hotmail connector resolved a load of issues I had. I attached Outlook.com to my other main email provider. Before I only had POP3 access. But Outlook.com pulls from that other POP3 account for me, and I set up the Outlook connector, and Exchange on my Andoid phone, and I now (FINALLY) have all devices in sync. Something could never do with the other POP only account. But sadly, the Hotmail connector does not sync Tasks or Journals. Just email, contacts and calendar.

OP
M

MDQBox

Yes, the Oulook Hotmail connector resolved a load of issues I had. I attached Outlook.com to my other main email provider. Before I only had POP3 access. But Outlook.com pulls from that other POP3 account for me, and I set up the Outlook connector, and Exchange on my Andoid phone, and I now (FINALLY) have all devices in sync. Something could never do with the other POP only account. But sadly, the Hotmail connector does not sync Tasks or Journals. Just email, contacts and calendar.

Cool thanks everyone. :)

OP
M

MDQBox

What about Office 2013?

According to the MS website, it's only compatible with 2007 - 2010

System requirements
Supported operating systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP

This download works with the following Office programs:
2007 Microsoft Office system
Microsoft Office 2003
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 (32-bit)

(Source: Download Outlook Hotmail Connector from Official Microsoft Download Center)

OP
M

MDQBox

Exactly as the Hotmail connector is dead along with Hotmail.

Why do you say that? I actually think hotmail (which is now outlook) is better than gmail or any other free email provider out there. I've been using both gmail.com and hotmail.com (now outlook.com) for over 20 years and I think outlook is better.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Hotmail has officially been discontinued. Its not that it is really dead just that it has now become Outlook.com.