What's new

News360 - Excellent News Reader

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Been using Bento for a few days now and love it, thanks to Tony. Have to admit, Bento is an odd name for a newsreader. Oh well, works very well.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Been using Bento for a few days now and love it, thanks to Tony. Have to admit, Bento is an odd name for a newsreader. Oh well, works very well.

"Bento" originates from the Southern Song Dynasty slang term 便當 (pinyin: biàndāng), meaning "convenient" or "convenience."

Bento - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Additionally a bento box is a compartmented tray that separates your items. Thus News Bento which separates your news into compartments :D

104397_bentoinner.jpg

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

"Bento" originates from the Southern Song Dynasty slang term 便當 (pinyin: biàndāng), meaning "convenient" or "convenience."

Bento - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Additionally a bento box is a compartmented tray that separates your items. Thus News Bento which separates your news into compartments :D

View attachment 734

Thanks. In business school they never mentioned the age-old Southern Song Dynasty Slang Term Company Naming Method. Must have been sick that day, lol. In that light they should have called it "Abatumus" which is Mesopotamian for "My Wife Can't Cook But She Sure Sets a Nice Table..."

J515OP

Super Moderator
I could be wrong but i am sure they named it after a piece of gum.

I could be as well and in truth maybe nobody knows :D I thought I had read it was after a bento box because the news is aggregated and organized in the same way and has the appearance of a bento box. The wikipedia definition above is a nice bonus and might also be enough without a direct relation to a bento box.

Wayne Orwig

I tried News360 for a while. I trashed it today. Mainly because it only works in landscape mode. I will be trying out Bento. So far it looks pretty good. The interface certainly 'feels' better.

MHC48

News Republic is pretty good. Instead of choosing providers, you choose subjects and it draws from lots of sources.