What's new

NewsgroupsRT - usenet client

Arizona Willie

Years back, Usenet was THE place to go for information / help with just about ANY program. Unfortunately it was one of the best kept secrets and it was kept " secret " for so long everybody forgot about it. Still many programs have followers on Usenet who are happy to help people looking for tidbits on " how do I do this / can I do that " etc. etc.

goodintentions

Years back, Usenet was THE place to go for information / help with just about ANY program. Unfortunately it was one of the best kept secrets and it was kept " secret " for so long everybody forgot about it. Still many programs have followers on Usenet who are happy to help people looking for tidbits on " how do I do this / can I do that " etc. etc.
Explains the elitist attitude among the linux community.

jrhillma

I have several usenet accounts (one unlimited, two block) but that's almost exclusively for SABnzbd/sickbeard/couchpotato use. On my OSX systems, if I'm feeling like actually reading newsgroups, I use Colloquy. It hadn't occurred to me to find a client for Win8 and the SP2. Hrmm.

Usenet, back in the day, was unparalleled for finding information, gaining knowledge and sharing humor. I spent way too much time on a.s.r. Those were the days.

Edit: the golden years of Usenet ran out with the September that never ended. :(

OP
L

lparsons21

The developer of NewsgroupsRT keeps working on it and improving it. It is well worth the $1.49 I paid for it, and has come a long way from what it started from. New bells and whistles have been added and the speed is much improved.

And it beats the heck out of trying to use a desktop Usenet reader on these small tablet screens. And it works with touch very well.