What's new

No audioe w/ Displayport chaining on Dell U2414H monitors with sound bar

joeysargent

I have successful video display by chaining 2 Dell U2414H monitors with a sound bar. I do not have any sound. In the volume mixer I can see both Dell U2414H monitors and one will show that sound is playing, but nothing is coming out of the sound bar. The monitor/sound bar configuration is connected properly and works when tested with another computer using HDMI cable. I am not sure if this is an SP2 problem, displayport cable problem, or issue with the displayport sound via the monitor.

It does show that monitors using "Intel Display Audio". The picture shows the setup and that the sound is being played but I am not able to get anything out of the speaker. I have tried swapping the default monitor etc. Nothing seems to work.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,710
OP
J

joeysargent

Problem resolved. Speaker bar does not work via HDMI. It works via USB connected to the monitor and requires a USB out to the Surface.

Homy

Hi Joeysargent,

I am connecting HDMI to HDMI and my speaker does not work too. You said "It works via USB connected to the monitor and requires a USB out to the Surface." So what you said is I should buy a male USB to a male USB cable, is not it?