What's new

No Image Ouput from Dock

JReinhal

Hello,
Im outputting the i7 surface via a 1.2 DP cable to a Samsung 28" 4k display. Im unable to get an image when the cable is connected to the dock. I am, though, able to get an image when I connect the cable directly into the Surface's DP output. Any ideas?
Thank you.

Telstar1948

Thank you for your reply. I do not have another surface, but I was able to try a different monitor and video output was successful.

Did you get a signal through the dock to the 2nd monitor? It sounded like that's what you said, but then you said there was still not video signal from the dock. Please clarify. Thanks.

OP
J

JReinhal

Did you get a signal through the dock to the 2nd monitor? It sounded like that's what you said, but then you said there was still not video signal from the dock. Please clarify. Thanks.
I apologize for the confusion. While docked, Im unable to get an image to the 4K display. I swapped with a 1080p display and got good image output.
When the surface is not docked, I get good image output to the 4K display when connected directly into the Surface's DP port.