What's new

No iTunes on Surface?

Sir Face

I assume since Apple and Microsoft are somewhat competitors, that iTunes is a no-go on the Surface devices? That's a shame because I've switched away from my iPad with all its easily accessed music only to find out that I can no longer run iTunes here on my Surface 2.. Tell me it isn't true?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I assume since Apple and Microsoft are somewhat competitors, that iTunes is a no-go on the Surface devices? That's a shame because I've switched away from my iPad with all its easily accessed music only to find out that I can no longer run iTunes here on my Surface 2.. Tell me it isn't true?

Go to itunes.com and download iTunes. Or get it here.

Requires these things:
◾PC (desktop, portable, laptop, tablet) with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor and 512MB of RAM
◾Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
◾64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 require the iTunes 64-bit installer
◾400MB of available disk space
◾Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store

:)

Last edited:

saloei

Buy your music from Amazon and play and copy them to any device. I've convinced people to do that and they never knew you could do that. They were stuck with only playing their music using iTunes. They also couldn't copy the music to other devices. The Surface music app lets you play any music regardless where you bought or copied from.