What's new

no network found...

Kamran Samaie

I got my surface on Monday and ever since I was very satisfied. I had the slow WiFi bug, also twice I had to restart my surface because it didn't have a network connection after sleep mode. I updated the drivers and if necessary I restarted and everything was fine. But now I have a problem I could not find a solution for anywhere...

I went away for the weekend and in the new location I can't find the existing network... On all other devices (among them one Window 8 laptop and one HTC running Windows 8.1) it is visible and it is possible to connect. With the surface on the other hand I can't find the network... I even tried to set up the connection manually, but it didn't work. I have all drivers up to date and installed all available Windows updates. I disabled the drivers and enabled them again, of course I did several restarts but nothing helped.

Did anyone experience the same problem? And if so, did you find a solution?

I was thinking to downgrade the network drivers, but I couldn't find them and therefore I'm hesitating to uninstall the current one...

Every idea and tip is appreciated

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
In Device manager bring up the network adapter go to the driver tab and click roll back driver.

Another option might be to delete the adapter and let it reinstall.

OP
K

Kamran Samaie

Roll back driver doesn't work

When you say delete the adapter, you mean to uninstall it in the device manager? If so, how do I reinstall the adapter afterwards?

leeshor

Tap the adapter in device manager than tap delete and answer yes. On a restart it should re detect it, or you could just refresh the list from the menu and ask it to find missing devices.

Bandito

I'd recommend calling Microsoft Surface Support. They may or may not be able to correct the problem, but it will make them aware that there is a problem.

One last thing, is there another WiFi network that you can try? This would at least confirm that your SP3 WiFi adapter didn't just suddenly quit working.

Good luck!

ZorMi

I heard about the problems with USA devices when a hot-spot is using channels 12-13... if you can access the router setup and see.

OP
K

Kamran Samaie

I restarted the router and it didn't help.
I created a hotspot using my phone and then I can connect without any problems, so the adapter should be fine.
Haven't called the support yet, guess I will do that or rather send them a message.

I will see if I can get access to the router setup and see about the channels.

Thanks for the suggestions, if I make any progress I will post it here

leeshor

You may want to do a total reset on the router to defaults. Make certain things are working then set it up again. What type of security are you using?

camis1

Experienced the same issue two days ago. Spent over an hour with MS Support. Rep was poking and hoping. I finally gave up. Took the logical approach. Deleted the driver, reinstalled the July 16th firmware update and all has been fine.