What's new

no new updates in history`

kundas1

can anyone tell me why there is no new updates listed on my S2 since 01/20/2014??? I know I did some updates last wed, which were pretty big updates but it doesn't show in my update history! even now just before posting this I did a tiny update for defender which shows I did some in feb but not the one I just did a few minutes ago.... something is very strange/wrong :confused:

OP
kundas1

kundas1

ok so upon looking for it myself on google, I found that you have to use the control panel of updates to view the proper history update to be upto date... it shows I did a "system firmware update" on the 12th which after the last firmware update my battery is not lasting as long as it did before...

ok so upon looking for it myself on google, I found that you have to use the control panel of updates to view the proper history update to be upto date... it shows I did a "system firmware update" on the 12th which after the last firmware update my battery is not lasting as long as it did before...
Part of the reason for that, at least in my case, is that there is a bug in the firmware update for the TypeCover and TouchCover. This bug prevents the Surface from entering "connected standby" when the cover is attached. It is highly annoying. Microsoft is silent about the issue. They need to fix this asap and not wait a month for the next update cycle.

I was not able to rollback the firmware/drivers, so I went poking around the updates. I uninstalled: "Update for Windows RT 8.1 (KB2883200)". I then rebooted, did some testing on the device. Checked for updates. It found that update and offered to install it. I let it install and rebooted.

I then powered it up and let it sit, allowing it to go into connected standby at the standard time. Here's what I'm now seeing:

99% 7:45am
99% 8:00am
99% 8:10am (updated apps from the store, checked for updates, and cleaned up the SoftwareDistribution/download folder)
97% 9:04am
97% 9:27am
96% 1:16pm
95% 1:54pm
94% 2:49pm

That's even better than I was experiencing before the mysterious drain. I'll keep everyone posted.