What's new

No replacement AC Adapters available for Surface Pro

Jimbee311

Dec. 29 - I reported AC Adapter on my 10-month old Surface Pro stopped working. After 54 minute phone call was assured that part would arrive within 8 to 11 business days. Under warrantee but no option for expedited delivery.
Jan. 9 - I logging in to view the service ticket (1274443820) and was surprised to see no record of part being shipped. Called Microsoft support and was told that the part had been shipped and would arrive shortly.
This morning (Jan. 13) I was finally told the truth: the part is NOT in stock and they cannot give me ANY timeframe on when to expect it. No option to pay me back if I find it myself either.
Does anybody think this is acceptable?

OP
J

Jimbee311

My first call was to the closest Microsoft store in San Rafael who told me they longer listed that part, in any event didn't have one. They transferred me to M'soft support, all on Dec. 29.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
This probably isn't what your looking for but Amazon has it in stock and Best Buy also. Just depends on how badly you need to use it. Still, it's a sad situation, wait on the supply chain (wars have been won and lost on this very thing) or spend money on something you shouldn't have to.

Wayne Orwig

I'm a couple weeks late but were you able to find a AC adapter? I found the is one available on the microsoft online store.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Surface-24W-Power-Supply/productID.256145100
It doesn't look like it has the USB charge port in it but it would still work for geting your SP up and running. I dunno what I would do without mine. Hope this helps.

That is the Surface charger. It has a 24 watt (2 amp) output. The Surface PRO requires closer to 4 amps. I'm not sure if that 24 watt charger will smoke or not.

jetstreamblue

The RT charger will work, several on the forums (myself included) have one as a travel or backup charger. Just charges the Pro slower, definitely no danger.