What's new

No Surface Book 2?

BearFlag

While I was not expecting a Surface Book 2 to be announced at this event I really hope it comes out this year. I think the Surface Book needs a refresh this fall with a more powerful processor and USB Type C.

BTW - I was not that impressed with the Surface Laptop that was announced either as it suited for a very niche segment.

Orlbuckeye

The target market is the college student and Professors. They are even trying to add apps to the store for this target market. They are even targeting Office in the store to this target group.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Surface Book received a bump in November with the launch of the Surface Studio. I would expect to see refreshes for the SP4 and SB around RS3...

BearFlag

Why do you say that? If anything I'd say the Book is more niche.

That's only cause of the high price. The Surface Book can be used as laptop just fine and has some cool added features (removal tablet, pen input, etc.) If it was priced lower it would appeal to a lot more people.

The Surface Laptop with Windows 10S is limited. Granted someone can upgrade to Windows 10 but that's not how they are marketing it.

CrippsCorner

Okay well I'm not even considering Windows 10 S as an option lol... but I guess people on here are different to the general public!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Surface Laptop with Windows 10S is limited. Granted someone can upgrade to Windows 10 but that's not how they are marketing it.

Sure it is - this right on the Pre-order page

upload_2017-5-4_5-52-19.png

Adambomb13

I will NOT be buying another Microsoft Surface product after this driver/chrome/pen/USB issues that I have encountered. Too much money for being a beta tester.

MickeyLittle

I will NOT be buying another Microsoft Surface product after this driver/chrome/pen/USB issues that I have encountered. Too much money for being a beta tester.

I've had my Surface Book since December and being a Beta Tester is the last thing I would consider myself! This laptop/tablet has been remarkable. But like any product there are lemons so it is quite possible that you have one. Have you considered returning your since it sound like it is full of issues?