What's new

No wifi after windows 10

Geicogecko

I recently bought a sp3 and updated to Windows 10 and now it won't connect. It randomly stopped being able to find any networks while the WiFi was on, so I tried the enable and disable. It didn't help. I tried downloading the newest updates on my phone then transferring the files to my surface to install and this didn't help. I also did the reset where my files are kept bit this didn't help.
It goes from showing up but being disabled, where it won't allow me to enable. To not showing up at all under network adapters.
When I try to diagnose the connection it doesn't work either. This is very annoying since I just bought this device, I am already thinking about returning it.

brycebba

There is a known problem with this. It's a network problem elsewhere that doesn't support tls 1.2 which is what the 1511 windows update put in place. Take a look at this article and change your tls version to 1.0 or 1.1

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3121002

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I forgot to say that there is a guy who wrote a registry hack to fix it if you look around

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

OP
G

Geicogecko

Well I actually wiped everything clean last night and did a factory reset and it still isn't working. I thought for sure that this would work since it worked just fine before windows 10. It started up and immediately had a red x on the WiFi icon at the bottom of the screen, it still could not find anything to connect to.
So maybe it's hardware?

OP
G

Geicogecko

I spent two hours on the phone playing the restart your device game...then they said that my Marvell hardware is failing to turn on. It actually kept my surface from being able to restart and when I would shut down it would take 5 mins to be able to get it to turn back on. I have already sent it back...
Do they send you just a new surface in a plain box? Or is it refurbished? If my serial number on my box that my item came in isn't the same as the numbers on the new device, I am losing value if I want to resale later.
Also if this device is new or refurbish what will the expiration date be like on my warranty?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I spent two hours on the phone playing the restart your device game...then they said that my Marvell hardware is failing to turn on. It actually kept my surface from being able to restart and when I would shut down it would take 5 mins to be able to get it to turn back on. I have already sent it back...
Do they send you just a new surface in a plain box? Or is it refurbished? If my serial number on my box that my item came in isn't the same as the numbers on the new device, I am losing value if I want to resale later.
Also if this device is new or refurbish what will the expiration date be like on my warranty?
I would Power Down holding the Power Button for 30 seconds, wait 10 then hold the Volume Rocker Up and power it back on, exit UEFI and restart. That fixed my WiFi on my SP3....