What's new

No wireless connection from SP3 and Bravia possible ANYMORE

a9l6i

Hi,
last week ago I could connect my SP3 with my TV. Since today I noticed that it isnt possiple anymore. When I select to project there is no option anymore to select wheather I want to connect it with cable or without. Last week it was possible- when I selected to project then it showed me a list with my devices where it was possible to select my TV and everything worked fine. Now the list doesnt came and I cant choose "project cableless". Yesterdays I updated my Surface (19 updates) maybe thats the reason... Please Help me :(

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are you using a Miracast device plugged into the TV to project to or is Miracast built into the TV?

OP
A

a9l6i

No, it worked withou it. My TV has WIFI DIRECT and it worked perfectly with my surface. I was able to stream videos etc. Since today I cant choose in my SP3 settings to project cableless with wireless.

OP
A

a9l6i

no. To stream wireless to my TV i selected "project" then the next thing which came up was, that it showed me a list of my devices which are know to my surface and i also had the opportunity to search for devices with whom I can sream wireless. I selected my TV on the list and then it asked me how I want to project it. After I chose one of the settings it started to stream on my Tv automatically. But today after I select "project" and didnt gave me a list of my devices. It was only possiple to connect it with HDMI cable

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
For your TV to show up on the list of devices available it would need to broadcast an ID, that's the only way the SP3 or anything else would know its there. Do you have another device that sees the TV? if you do and its not showing up its definitely the TV. Communication is via Wireless so unless you're docked your SP3 wireless is working. If you haven't, try rebooting to be sure the software isn't hung.

OP
A

a9l6i

It has something to do with the windows updates I did today. According to Mocrosoft they did sth with Wifi Direct... but I dont know exactly what.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 655

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You could try uninstalling that update.
Go to Desktop, hold the start button a few seconds, select Programs and Features from the menu
Go to View Installed Updates, select the update and uninstall.

Arizona Willie

This was posted " To stream wireless to my TV i selected "project" by a9l6i.

Where / what menu do you select " project " in?
Would that possibly work with a Surface Pro I?
I have a Sony UHD Smart TV and I thought it was strange that since it connects to my wireless network it can't share with my Surface because it will run videos and pictures from my desktop.

Russ

Where / what menu do you select " project " in?
Would that possibly work with a Surface Pro I?

Willie --

The "Project" feature is in the charms menu under Devices. Yes, it works with Surface Pro 1. My TV is older, but I can project to it via a Roku3.
Note: If you are running a second display from the MiniDisplay Port, you will not be able to connect to the TV.

Regards,
Russ