What's new

No Xfinity?

rivernewt

One of the reasons I bought the Surface 3 was to be able to stream my xfinity shows. When I go full screen after about 2 minutes adobe crashes and offers to send an error report. Now this is happening even when not in full screen. Any advice? Is this something that may be updated?

I wouldn't be as irritated if I could get a microsoft app for xfinity to go, then I could watch show there. I mean, even my Nook tablet can stream shows, this is ridiculous!!!!

kundas1

first off nothing to get so excited about, secondly this isn't MS problem it's a xfinity problem since they only favor android devices and exclude windows devices... also maybe perhaps its a small problem that your not setting right? dunno your not giving a lot of facts to your problem...

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I watch Xfinity shows almost every day on my SP3 (not S3 as you have) via Internet Explorer (Windows 8.1), Internet Explorer (Windows 10), and Spartan/Edge (Windows 10). No problems.

I see elsewhere you also have crackly sound. Maybe Adobe Flash is eating your lunch.

leeshor

I have Xfinity but hate their router/modem so I have another router/switch that I use for everything. The Xfinity router, imo, is junk. My other router's WiFi blows the Xfinity WiFi out of the water.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I have Xfinity but hate their router/modem so I have another router/switch that I use for everything. The Xfinity router, imo, is junk. My other router's WiFi blows the Xfinity WiFi out of the water.

I have Xfinity in Denver and in Olympia, WA. In Olympia, a new model, just released May 1, is great, with dual band. But in Denver, 2.4 GHz modem is not good at all, so I've been using a bridge-connected Airport Extreme. So I took the Denver box it in to the service center, and in 3 minutes, traded up for the new model. Happy.

OP
rivernewt

rivernewt

I can give more info! I really do want help for this problem, not trying to just complain. I totally agree about xfinity being crappy to favor the androids. I was suprised to not see them in the MS app store.

I have gone into my xfinity account to stream tv in explorer and firefox, both of them had the same issue. It just closes the video says adobe flash plugin has crashed" I actually don't have xfinity for internet where I'm doing the streaming, and have my own router, so the internet connection shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Any ideas on settings I could switch to not have the adobe crash issue? So weird.

leeshor

They shipped me a newer model about 8 months ago TC8305C. As far as I know it's the most recent they have here. One of my customers just got new Xfinity service last month and they have thew same model. I don't pay any attention to it after I realized that the 2.4 and 5.0 were so slow.

kundas1

I can give more info! I really do want help for this problem, not trying to just complain. I totally agree about xfinity being crappy to favor the androids. I was suprised to not see them in the MS app store.

I have gone into my xfinity account to stream tv in explorer and firefox, both of them had the same issue. It just closes the video says adobe flash plugin has crashed" I actually don't have xfinity for internet where I'm doing the streaming, and have my own router, so the internet connection shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Any ideas on settings I could switch to not have the adobe crash issue? So weird.

then it sounds like an adobe problem or even xfinity problem, perhaps they did a poor job at exporting it to windows app store and maybe you need to alert them that their app isn't working properly... also others have said that it is working fine in IE so maybe try that route?

aokusman

I watch infinity everyday on the surface 3 using chrome. I am yet to encounter any issues. Watched the whole Real Madrid v juventus match earlier today.

kundas1

I luv how people are so quick to blame the Surface, instead perhaps 99% of the time its either an app problem or network or user error LOL

surfdock

The CherryView/Atom platform is new. Its quite possible this is an unfortunate interaction between Adobe Flash and the Intel drivers. I think going to the Adobe Flash forums and reporting the issues there with all details is the best bet: https://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer

The Adobe folks should have some tips for enabling verbose logging so you can give them more info to help diagnose or if there are any settings that might help workaround the issue.

The fact that you have a 100% reproducible case will likely put your issue at the top of the queue if you have the patience to work with the engineers and give them the right info.

In the meantime you can try some of the tips here:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/889577

Last edited: