What's new

Nokia "Cancels" RT Tablet

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds fishy, I doubt Nokia would release a Tegra3 Tablet, the prototype created last year maybe...

MY guess would be they are dropping the 10" form factor and moving to a 6"-8" Phablet...using the PureView Camara

tonyz3

Is it really necessary to have a rear camera on a tablet. Do they really get used that often. Couldn't it bring down the cost if the rear camera was omitted? I read somewhere a few days ago about a rumor of an aluminum Nokia 8-9 inch tablet.

tonyz3

The PureView is Nokia's secret sauce, using the Carl Ziess Lens....
I agree - I have the N 920 and will upgrade to the new 1020 when avail, but is it necessary on a tablet- any tablet not just nokia. how many people use the back camera (front is def necessary)on a 7inch + form. I can see a few cases, someone in the field - needs to snap a quick pic, but not many...I would think

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
My son uses his front and back in school for projects and presentations. Bronksy from TabletPCReview uses his rear facing in the field all the time.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Microsoft won't give up on ARM, needs to make in-roads there, they may merge Phone and RT but they won't give up on it....especially since Intel and Google are releasing x86 Android devices.

Lolvo

I have not found myself using the rear camera on my RT as of yet. It's a crappy resolution as it is; however, I forsee it being used more often once classes resume in the Fall. I don't know if it would drop the price much, if at all - and then you will have the people complaining that there's no rear camera...

(so, make that 2 1/2 people, Tony)

Nokia tablet?? No need for a case on that thing, it will survive a 20lb blast.

kristalsoldier

I have not found myself using the rear camera on my RT as of yet. It's a crappy resolution as it is; however, I forsee it being used more often once classes resume in the Fall. I don't know if it would drop the price much, if at all - and then you will have the people complaining that there's no rear camera...

(so, make that 2 1/2 people, Tony)

Nokia tablet?? No need for a case on that thing, it will survive a 20lb blast.

I have not used the camera on my RT either - nor have I used the camera on my Nexus 10. OTOH, I have used the camera on my Nokia 720 a lot! But, yes, I can see how a camera on a tablet could be put to use under some situations.