What's new

NOOOOO!! Cracked :(

fastfed

Stupid thing.. slipped off my bed :( hit the worst way, and now the screen is cracked. Am I screwed, or is it possible to get it fixed?

thanks

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you buy the care package? Are you still eligible to buy the care package?
You can buy Microsoft Complete within 45 days of the Surface date of purchase. Available online.
Microsoft Complete covers damage, 2 incidents, with a deductible.

Otherwise, it can be repaired for a price, seems like it was a couple hundred you'll have to check with them.

pwetzil

Or if you've got the guts, pick up a heat gun and a new screen from ebay and watch a lot of screen replacement tutorials. Still costly for a screen on its own and risk of farther damage doing it yourself.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess it depends if it still works... I have seen people with cracked screens just put a screen protector over the cracked screen and keep on using it. obviously fixing is better but whatever works...

InspectHerGadget

Condolences! Sometimes you're just unlucky, what a shame.

It is fixable I'm sure but just $$$ and time away from you. I'm sure Microsoft could price a replacement if you call them.

OP
F

fastfed

So, I actually work for a huge company and in the department I work for I do I.t. work for tvs, we have a guy who fixes tablets in my warehouse. He will do it for me for free but I need to buy the part. Anyone have a link of what I need ?? Digitizer and lcd right???

TeknoBlast

Man, I hate reading stories like these. Out of all the electronics I ever owned, and that's a lot of them, I'v only had my HTC HD7 screen cracked after it slipped out of my car when I opened the car door.

Sorry to hear about this.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, I actually work for a huge company and in the department I work for I do I.t. work for tvs, we have a guy who fixes tablets in my warehouse. He will do it for me for free but I need to buy the part. Anyone have a link of what I need ?? Digitizer and lcd right???
Hmm, wouldn't he know where to find the right parts... it's not like you can routine order a 12.1 touch screen with digitizer from anywhere.

kundas1

I know, I broke my screen on my Galaxy Note 2 and I almost cried, if I ever would break my screen on my SP3 I would literally throw a tantrum screaming and crying

crying-rage-face-meme-i1.png