What's new

Normal Battery Loss during 4:00 hr Connected Standby before auto-hibernate?

malberttoo

So here's the result of a full wipe (with HDD wipe) and reset...4% in 4 hours, which windows interprets as "red" power loss (phostiadc above showed yellow on his machine losing 11% in 20 hours due to his lack of hibernation he discusses in another thread).

In my opinion, the only thing left is that there is something wrong with the hardware? Can anyone else post connected standby sessions (4 hours) from Sleepstudy that do NOT show "red" power consumption levels in the top bar above the bar chart?

1% per hour isn't absolutely terrible but it's clearly not as good as others are getting.

Basically if I can't resolve this, looks like SP3 #4 is going back, and I think I'm done with this adventure until the next iteration. :(

Just want to confirm this is a "bare" install, and no apps have been installed yet?

iDatus

did u set up your email?
if so change frequency of update from default which is as they arrive to check every 30 mins.
not sure if that will help but wanted to put it there just in case as I feel your pain.

OP
R

rlarsen462

Bare install, no apps installed yet (other than Tapatalk so I can post, and Paint.net for working with screenshots). Email not set up yet, so nothing going on there.

Here was last night, even more confusing because it's the only time I've EVER seen a connected standby session over 4 hours...

It's the lowest battery drain I've seen too at ~250mW but still on the higher side compared to some I've seen.

Attachments

• CS.jpg
    CS.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 475

phositadc

Bare install, no apps installed yet (other than Tapatalk so I can post, and Paint.net for working with screenshots). Email not set up yet, so nothing going on there.

Here was last night, even more confusing because it's the only time I've EVER seen a connected standby session over 4 hours...

It's the lowest battery drain I've seen too at ~250mW but still on the higher side compared to some I've seen.

Odd. Well, welcome to the club of connected standby durations greater than 4 hours =P

OP
R

rlarsen462

On 4 SP3's, this is the only time I've seen connected standby longer than 4 hours on battery (on A/C it seems to stay in CS indefinitely, which makes sense)

yonghong

As you can see in the picture, everything shows very low active time, yet the overall battery loss is high... there's nothing to drill down to unfortunately! I turned off Tapatalk notifications for now (they were very frequent), I want to see if overnight I experience similar 8% loss.
I saw it's 4% drain, how can you say it's 8%?

OP
R

rlarsen462

Look through the thread I have posted pictures of 4% over 2 hours, 9% over 4 hours, and more recently (with a full wipe and no apps installed), 4% over about 5 hours. Admittedly my results are inconsistent looking at pictures alone, but in practice I was very consistently getting at least 8% drain over 4 hours.

OP
R

rlarsen462

Update: After the full wipe, and carefully adding back in apps, plus turning off ALL live tiles, setting MUI Mail app to "manual" update for all accounts, and turning off ALL notifications, I seem to be getting 4% or less drain over 4 hours of Connected Standby. Not sure this is an ideal solution, as a lot of the functionality of CS is kind of lost at this point with no mail updating, no notifications, no live tiles, etc...

What are others' use cases and CS drains? Are you using live tiles, frequent mail updates, notifications, etc. and seeing 4% or less drain in 4 hours of standby?

Thanks for the help with troubleshooting this issue.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
No tweaks.... but I only have Office 2013 Pro Plus x64 installed as far as Win32 Applications....I get .01-3% of loss in CS....