What's new

Norton Identity Safe

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess the question is will it work with MUI IE or other apps locked in their silo. Anything desktop related should work although there may be issues with scaling and touchability.

bluegrass

I haven't heard of Identity Safe, but if it's Windows 7 compatible, it should run on your new SP3. Welcome to this forum.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't heard of Identity Safe, but if it's Windows 7 compatible, it should run on your new SP3. Welcome to this forum.
Identity Safe is a Password Manager bundled with a lot of Symantec Antivirus/security product line. I really haven't used it though and there may be some other functionality in it like blocking CC numbers and stuff.

I'm just not sure how it will react to non-desktop apps.
I see complaints about NOT working with IE 11 and enhanced protected mode.
The System Requirements doc dated 10/31/2014 lists Windows 8 but not Windows 8.1

To the OP: If you have support ID ask them directly if they support Win 8.1.

Grumpy2

I recently (late last week) spoke with a Symantec Customer Support person (he was in Chenei in India) and he advised me that Norton Utilities and Norton 360 are not compatible with the Surface Pro 3. Asked him about Norton Anti-Virus and he was not sure. He told me to be safe and not install any Norton Product on my Sp3 as he thinks they are not compatible and wil cause problems. He seemed to be a very friendly and knowledgeable person and I have taken his advice. Also I went off of Norton products a long while ago anyway. I would suggest avoid Norton like the plaque on the Sp3.

leeshor

I recently (late last week) spoke with a Symantec Customer Support person (he was in Chenei in India) and he advised me that Norton Utilities and Norton 360 are not compatible with the Surface Pro 3. Asked him about Norton Anti-Virus and he was not sure. He told me to be safe and not install any Norton Product on my Sp3 as he thinks they are not compatible and wil cause problems. He seemed to be a very friendly and knowledgeable person and I have taken his advice. Also I went off of Norton products a long while ago anyway. I would suggest avoid Norton like the plaque on the Sp3.
That is exactly the response you will get from someone who doesn't know what you are talking about and he certainly doesn't. He's clueless.

jpfive

Norton 360 is working fine on my SP3, including Identity Safe. Better, in fact than Kaspersky, which I installed first due to another post like yours. Please do not post as fact your opinion of a product that you do not prefer.

OP
A

absresin

Got my SP3 today installed Identity Safe and Norton 360, both seem to be working fine. Thanks to all who took the time to answer.