What's new

Not had many problems with 'sleep' so far, however...

CrippsCorner

Normally, my Surface runs fine. Goes to sleep when I tell it to, and wakes up when I tell it too... however I've noticed something recently which is a little annoying. I actually have my Surface set to sleep only after 5 hours without being touched.

It does this fine, but when I wake it, it'll then proceed to continually go back to sleep every 2-3 minutes. It's basically copying exactly what I do at the weekends
cool.png
I just give it a reboot and it starts behaving again. Any ideas?

kristalsoldier

Normally, my Surface runs fine. Goes to sleep when I tell it to, and wakes up when I tell it too... however I've noticed something recently which is a little annoying. I actually have my Surface set to sleep only after 5 hours without being touched.

It does this fine, but when I wake it, it'll then proceed to continually go back to sleep every 2-3 minutes. It's basically copying exactly what I do at the weekends
cool.png
I just give it a reboot and it starts behaving again. Any ideas?

Change your weekend habits?:LOL:

Maybe this will help? I had the same problem. Not sure what triggers it though it seemed to be related to HOW I woke up the machine. If I used the type cover to wake it up it would do the stuff below.

-- Machine sleeps after 2 minutes no matter what the sleep time is set to --
REPRO: Set sleep time to anything greater than 2 minutes, don't touch the machine, observe that it sleeps after 2 minutes.

SOLUTION: There is a power profile setting called 'system unattended sleep timeout' which is set to 2 minutes by default and will activate the sleep. I don't know why this option exists or why it is hidden by default even though it is relevant, but to make it visible requires a change to the registry. Instructions on how to do that can be found here:
Power Options - Add "System unattended sleep timeout" - Windows 7 Help Forums

The link for above can be found in another thread of mine:

http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/microsoft-surface-pro/7905-surface-pro-common-bugs-solutions.html