What's new

Not impressed with the Type Cover

Gary G Jackson

The flexibility in the type cover means that when resting it on my lap or on the sofa, when I apply pressure onto the corners with my wrists it presses the right mouse click and so I end up switching windows or typing in the middle of the text above making it useless on anything but a desk or table.

Not impressed with this microsoft product and my first surface device.

Turbo4AWD

The flexibility in the type cover means that when resting it on my lap or on the sofa, when I apply pressure onto the corners with my wrists it presses the right mouse click and so I end up switching windows or typing in the middle of the text above making it useless on anything but a desk or table.

Not impressed with this microsoft product and my first surface device.

I have a Surface 3 and a Surface Pro 6 with the grey alcantara keyboard and I can tell you that the two keyboards are completely different in quality. My Surface 3 type cover exhibited the same issues you are speaking of, but my Surface Pro 6 Alcantara keyboard doesn't.

I showed my Surface Pro 6 to my boss and the first thing he did was try using the keyboard and said "Oh....that's not like the Surface Pro keyboard I had. MUCH more durable and well built. The mouse even works better too. Typing is also really good. It doesn't flex as much..."

I know it's larger than the Surface Go, but I do have to say that I AM impressed with the Alcantara keyboard's build and quality. Way more than my Surface 3 type cover which was quite flawed.

Turbo4AWD

Mine is also the alcantara version.

Then I am curious to know how you're pressing on the corners because I am testing it out and I cannot duplicate that issue. Are you pressing on the very outer corners of the keyboard or are your wrists resting on the corners of the touchpad? I touch type instead of the average users' "hunt and peck" style so maybe something about touch typing is preventing me from witnessing the same issue? Also, I raise my wrists when I type, I do not lower them onto the keyboard wrist rest while typing. Otherwise, maybe pictures of how your wrists are on the keyboard may better help than trying to describe it with words?

Turbo4AWD

Also, I mostly use my Surface Pro 6 in tablet mode with the keyboard detached, but sometimes I attach the keyboard for when I am going to have a long typing session. Usually the on screen keyboard suffices for my regular use.