What's new

Not impressed

reelnative

bought a surface 3, I am one of the most patient person you could meet but I want to snap my 3 in halve and throw it out the window! The touch seen is so unresponsive, I keep tapping but nothing happens at times, it is frustrating and have searched for updates/answers to fix it, does anyone have a suggestion or tips?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
bought a surface 3, I am one of the most patient person you could meet but I want to snap my 3 in halve and throw it out the window! The touch seen is so unresponsive, I keep tapping but nothing happens at times, it is frustrating and have searched for updates/answers to fix it, does anyone have a suggestion or tips?
Have you applied all of the updates including the one released this week? Are you running Windows 8.1 or 10?

Turbo4AWD

ESPECIALLY the Anniversary Update.... make sure you take time to have all of the updates/firmware installed first. Then report back on the performance here.

Have you applied all of the updates including the one released this week? Are you running Windows 8.1 or 10?

Very likely that the system is currently looking for and installing upgrades.

ESPECIALLY the Anniversary Update.... make sure you take time to have all of the updates/firmware installed first. Then report back on the performance here.

May need to confirm the OP is qualified as at least a power user lest the assumption is made they already know those things have, are occurring. A lot casual, retail (think Apple [g]) expect stuff to "just work" with little or no intervention. ;)

Turbo4AWD

May need to confirm the OP is qualified as at least a power user lest the assumption is made they already know those things have, are occurring. A lot casual, retail (think Apple [g]) expect stuff to "just work" with little or no intervention. ;)

Even iOS devices need constant software updates too, but very clever. Respect.

Plantje

Sorry, but do I understand this correctly? If you buy a Surface 3 you can't expect things to "just work"? Then you should have bought an iPad? What a load of *****

Gus

I have the same issue and have had this issue since I update to win 10. When using Chrome I sometimes cannot even close a tab or interact with the page. Everything is up to date so you cannot blame it on software updates. I have to use the track pad, mouse or pen to close the page or gain control.

Plantje

Yes, I did see the wink. Wasn't sure if you we're being sarcastic. I'm not a native English speaker.... Please bare with me

Plantje

Haha! Yes, I was in doubt there and the "bear" variant seemed too "animally" for me. Wrong choice. I'm not the Brokeback mountain kind of guy :)